If you want to stop managing a particular account, a user with administrative access to the manager account or the client account can unlink the accounts.
This article shows you how to unlink an account from a manager account or from a client account. For more background about what happens when you unlink, review About unlinking accounts from your manager account.
To unlink an account from your manager account:
- Sign in to your Google Ads manager account.
- From the page menu on the left, click Settings.
- In the expanded menu, click Sub-account settings.
- Select the accounts that you want to unlink.
- On the next page, you’ll see a preview of how your sub-accounts will be affected by the unlinking action. Once you’ve reviewed the changes, click Unlink.
To unlink an account from the individual Google Ads account:
- Sign in to the managed Google Ads account.
- Click the tools icon ('Tools and settings') in the upper right-hand corner of your account.
- Under 'Setup', click Access and security.
- Click the Managers sub-page.
- Locate the manager account that you want to unlink from. A dialogue will appear with a preview of how your sub-accounts will be affected by the unlinking action. After you've reviewed the changes, click Unlink.
Topic Page Manager Accounts (MCC)
- About the account map
- Viewing hierarchy for your manager account
- Viewing other managers linked to your client accounts
- Moving accounts within a manager account
- Hiding and unhiding accounts