Create new Google Ads accounts from your manager accounts
You can create a new Google Ads account directly from your manager account without an additional email address or password. This option is available only when you're using Google Ads. You won't be able to create an account using Google Ads Editor.
This article shows you how to create new accounts from your manager account. You can also learn more about linking existing accounts.
How it works
This Google Ads account will have no users on it, and there'll be no way for a user to directly access the account unless you invite them as users to the account. After you create the account, you won't be able to unlink this account from your manager account without first inviting at least one user to that account with administrative access.
Creating this account doesn’t give your manager account more control over the day-to-day management of the account. However, it will mean that the manager account is automatically an administrative owner of the account. This means that the manager account will be able to invite users to the account, accept user invitations, terminate another manager, accept an invite for another manager or reject another manager.
Bear in mind, as with regular individual accounts, accounts that you create from your manager account will be cancelled if they’ve been inactive for over 15 months.
Critical account alerts for accounts created by manager accounts are sent to the email address associated with the manager account. However, the manager account won’t receive other notifications for the managed account by default. Notification settings can be changed as necessary.
TIP: You can always create multiple Google Ads accounts at the same time using bulk upload.
How to create an account from your manager account
- Sign in to your Google Ads manager account.
- From the page menu on the left, click Accounts, then click Management at the top of the page.
- Click the plus button .
- Click Create new account.
- Select the account that you want to create: Google Ads account or Smart Campaign account.
Note: Selecting a Smart Campaign account will create a Google Ads account with Smart Campaigns in Smart Mode. If this is selected, you can change to Expert Mode at any time, where other Google Ads campaigns can be created.
- Give the new account a name (this is the name that you and your managed accounts will see).
- Select a country and time zone from the drop-down menus. These settings can’t be changed later, so choose carefully.
- Select a permanent currency for this account. Review the available payment options for local currencies before you decide. Not all currencies are available in all areas.
- Click Invite users to this account (optional) if you want to allow another user access to this Google Ads account. Otherwise, you can choose to create the account with no user. To invite another user, enter their email address and select the level of access that you want to grant them: 'Administrative access', 'Standard access' or 'Read-only access'. Learn more about access levels in manager accounts.
- Click Create account.