Before you begin
For a general overview of targeting and observations, see About targeting and observation settings.
You can enter “Edit all targeting” from any targeting method. Click the plus or pencil button and select a campaign or ad group. Note: When you click Topics, you’ll see a button on the right called “Edit all targeting.”
To choose targeting and observations for existing ad groups, you can use the “Edit all targeting” page. This page lets you:
- View all of your campaign or ad group’s targeting in one place
- Add criteria for “Targeting” and “Additional observations”
- Switch criteria between “Targeting” and “Additional observations”
How to add targeting or observations to an existing ad group:
- Sign in to Google Ads
- In the page menu on the left, click on a targeting method (Keywords, Audiences, Topics, or Placements).
- Click the plus or pencil button .
- On the "Add to" menu, select Campaign or Ad group, and then click Select an ad group or Select a campaign. In the window, choose an ad group or campaign from the list or search for it by name or ID.
- You can see all of the ad group-level or campaign-level targeting you’ve set up so far.
- For targeting, click the Narrow targeting drop-down menu.
- For observations, click the Add observations drop-down menu.
- Select a method from the drop-down menu.
- Select the criteria you’d like to add and click Done.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save.