Use Customer Match partners to upload data
Certain Google-integrated third parties can use a partner API to create Customer Match audiences directly in your Google Ads account. These types of third-party companies include data management platforms (DMPs), customer relationship management (CRM) onboarding services and agencies. This article describes the benefits of using a third party to help upload your customer data to Google Ads, and lists the companies that can do it for you.
Using a third-party company to upload your data is a good option for many advertisers for the following reasons:
- Some advertisers want to outsource list onboarding and refreshes instead of creating an in-house Google Ads API (AdWords API) integration or using the Google Ads interface to upload.
- These companies don't need your Google Ads login credentials to upload your data.
- You can use additional first-party customer information, such as their postal address, phone number or alternative email, to increase your list size. These companies use proprietary identity maps to find emails corresponding to your customers’ phone numbers and postal addresses, and append these emails to your existing email list prior to performing the upload.
Currently, the following companies are approved to upload Customer Match lists, with two different levels of service:
Companies that can only upload your data for you:
- Experian Marketing Services
- Adobe Media Optimiser
Companies that can expand your Customer Match audiences using your customers’ postal addresses and phone numbers, and then upload your data for you:
- Oracle Data Cloud
- You'll need to have your Google Ads account approved to use a data-uploading service.
- You must work with a Google-integrated third party.
- Data uploaded to Google Ads must be collected in compliance with Customer Match policies.
Bear in mind: Customer Match is only available on Google Search, Gmail and YouTube. Customer Match is available for TrueView ads in Display & Video 360.
Once you've picked the company that you'd like to use to upload your data, follow these steps:
- Contact your Google representative to be connected to the third party. If you don't have a contact for your account, give us a call at the support number listed for your region.
- Give permission for your lists to be uploaded to Google Ads. Once you've chosen your data uploading partner, you'll need to give email permission authorising Google to let your partner create and edit your audience data in Google Ads. To complete this step, contact your Google representative directly.
- Wait until Google sets up data access. After you've sent your email permission to Google, your Google representative will need to sync your accounts with your partner's system. It can take a couple of days for your accounts to be approved after you've sent in your information. You'll receive an email from your Google representative letting you know when you're all set up.
- Send your data to your partner. Once your accounts are approved and set up, you can start sending data to your uploading partner.