Showcase Shopping ads let you group together related products and present them together to introduce your brand or business.
Showcase Shopping ads are available in these countries:
|Taiwan||United Arab Emirates||United Kingdom||United States|
This article explains how to set up a Showcase Shopping ad. Learn more about what makes up a Showcase Shopping ad
Before you begin
To create a Showcase Shopping ad, you'll need to complete a few steps first:
- Meet the requirements for a Shopping campaign. Learn about the requirements
- Create a Shopping campaign. For easier reporting, create a unique Shopping campaign for your Showcase Shopping ad. Learn how to create a Shopping campaign
Step 1: Create a Showcase Shopping ad group
You first need to create an ad group for Showcase Shopping ads. Here's how to do it:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click Ad groups in the page menu to reach the ad group page.
- Click the plus button .
- In "Select a campaign", select the Shopping campaign that you'd like to add the ad group to. You can search for campaign names to help you find the right one.
- Once you've selected a campaign, click Create ad group.
- Next, choose your settings for the ad group:
- Ad group type. Click Showcase Shopping.
- Ad group name. Enter a name for the ad group. You'll use this name to find the ad group later. You can change the name after the ad group has been created.
- Bid. Enter the bid for the ad group. This is the cost-per-engagement bid that will be applied to your Showcase Shopping ad. You can change the bid at any time. You can't make any bid adjustments on product groups like you can for Product Shopping ads. You'll pay when someone clicks a product on your ad.
- Choose which products will appear in your ad by selecting product groups. Here are some important tools you can use to help target your products to your ad for best effect.
- Subdivide your product groups. You can subdivide the first product group, "All products," to create a more targeted set of products. Learn about subdividing product groups
- Exclude product groups containing products that you don't want to show with your ad. Learn more about how to exclude a product group
- Click Save and continue.
Step 2: Create a Showcase Shopping ad
Next, you'll create the Showcase Shopping ad by providing a link and optionally, text for your ad. You can create multiple ads for each Showcase Shopping ad group. The most relevant ad will automatically be shown to the user based on their query.
Once you've chosen your product groups, you should be on the create an ad stage. Here's what to do:
- Add text, which may appear in your ads:
- Headline (optional). The headline is a short line of text that helps people notice your ad. Include up to 24 characters.
- Description (optional). The description can appear in the expanded form of your ad and provides more information about the products you're showcasing. Include between 70 and 120 characters.
- Final URL (required though it may not always be visible). The final URL is the URL of the landing page you want people to visit after they click on your ad. The landing page you choose needs to be relevant to your ad and the products you're advertising with the ad.
- Display URL (required though it may not always be visible). The display URL is the website address that appears in your ad. It's typically the URL of the site or page you're advertising. Only a URL of 25 characters can be shown on mobile and 35 characters on desktop. If your display URL is longer than the character limit, a shortened version is shown in your ad. Review our display URL policy.
Important: Keyword Insertion isn't supported in the headline and description fields
- Preview the ad on the right side of the panel. Remember that the products shown together with your Showcase Shopping ad are influenced by a person's search term.
- To show more relevant ads to users, it is recommended to create an ad for each relevant category in your inventory.
- When you're done making changes, click Save and continue.
Your ad will go into review to ensure that the assets comply with our policies. You can expect an answer within 3 business days.