The "Status" column of your Ad groups lets you know if your ad group is active. Based on your ad group's status, you can find out:
- Which of your ad groups are paused, enabled or other states
- What changes you need to make to an ad group or its campaign
- Whether or not an ad group has been approved based on Google Ads policies
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click Ad groups.
- Look at the "Status" column to see an ad group’s status.
- You can click the “Status” column heading to reorder your ad groups and sort by status.
What your ad group status means
|Ad group status||What it means|
|Eligible||This ad group’s set to run. It’s a good idea to check the Ads tab to see if policy violations are keeping individual ads from running.|
|Paused||You’ve temporarily stopped this ad group from showing ads. Its ads aren’t running. You can resume the paused ad group to start ads again.|
|Removed||You’ve removed this ad group. Its ads aren’t running. Ad groups cannot be re-enabled once they’ve been removed.|
|Incomplete||You haven’t set up necessary parts of this ad group (like keywords or ads). Its ads aren’t running.|
|Campaign paused||You've paused this ad group’s campaign. Its ads aren’t running. You can resume the paused campaign to start ads again.|
|Campaign removed||You’ve removed this ad group’s campaign. Its ads aren’t running. Campaigns cannot be re-enabled once they’ve been removed.|
|Campaign suspended||The ad group isn't running because your prepaid account balance has run out. Your campaign and the ad groups within it will resume after you add funds.|
|Campaign ended||This ad group’s in a campaign that’s passed its end date. Its ads aren’t running.|
|Campaign pending||You’ve scheduled this ad group’s campaign to start later. Its ads aren’t running yet.|