Sign up with Google Ads to start reaching new customers with online ads tailored to your business goals and budget. This guide walks you through creating your Google Ads account and setting up your first ad campaign.
To get started with Google Ads, it just takes 3 simple steps: add your business information, select your campaign goals and budget, and enter your payment details.
You’ll also have the opportunity to setup conversion measurement as the final step: so you can measure important actions people take on your ads and website.
Add business information
About your business
To start the signup process, you’ll be prompted to add your business information (name and URL) for faster campaign setup. By providing Google with your details upfront, this allows for pre-filling of information later on in the process and allows Google to best tailor the signup process to your needs.
At this stage, you’ll also have the opportunity to link your existing accounts – including a YouTube channel, and Google Business Profile account – which will help with faster campaign setup. By linking your accounts in the sign up flow, Google saves you time by automatically suggesting keywords and headlines for campaigns for you to review.
At this stage, you also have the option to create an account without a campaign.
Add billing information
Set up your billing information by following these steps:
- Click the “Billing country” drop-down menu and select the country or territory where your billing address is located. Your billing country determines the billing options that are available for your location and currency.
- Make sure the correct time zone is selected. If not, click the drop-down menu to change it. Your reports, statistics, and billing are all affected by the time zone you select, so choose carefully.
- If you have a promotional code (also known as coupons or vouchers), enter the code in “Introductory offer” and click Apply.
- You'll be prompted to either select an existing payment profile or create a new one. Your “Account type” defaults to “Organization” but you can change to “Individual” if appropriate, for tax purposes in your country.
- Enter information for the payment method you want to use for this account, such as a credit or debit card, PayPal, or bank account.
Note: If you're using a credit or debit card, you might see a temporary authorization on your card account, which is typically removed within a week. The exact amount will be shown in your Ads account during sign-up.
- Click Submit to create your campaign and complete your account setup.
Fix a problem with creating or signing in to a Google Account
- If you have trouble creating an account, read about common issues and solutions.
- If you're getting an error that you have an invalid email address, read about invalid email addresses.
- If you have a problem finding the verification email or verifying your account, check out these common verification issues and solutions. Or, find out what to do if you entered the wrong email address during sign-up.
- If you get an error that the email already exists, learn how to reclaim your Google Account.