Video campaigns let you show ads in videos on YouTube and on websites and apps running on Google video partners. This article explains the benefits of video campaigns and how you can use them to meet your business goals.
To see subtitles in your language, turn on YouTube captions. Select the 'Settings' icon at the bottom of the video player, then select 'Subtitles/CC' and choose your language.
Reach your goals: Get more sales, drive website traffic, build awareness for your business, and more when you create a video campaign.
Reach the right audience: Reach people on YouTube and through Google video partners by targeting topics, keywords, demographics, etc.
Measure your success: Figure out if you're reaching the right audience. Check your Google Ads account to track views, costs and budget details.
Compare the video campaign type with other campaign types to find the best path to reach your goals.
How it works
You can create compelling video campaigns with a range of ad formats to engage customers in different ways on YouTube and through Google video partners.
- Skippable in-stream ads play before, during or after other videos. After the ad plays for 5 seconds, the viewer is given the option to skip it.
- Non-skippable in-stream ads are designed to allow you to reach customers with your entire message and are 15 seconds or less.
- Bumper ads are a short video ad format, designed to allow you to reach customers broadly and increase awareness of your brand by using a short, memorable message. Bumper ads are just 6 seconds or less, and viewers can’t skip the ad.
- In-feed video ads only appear on YouTube and reach people in places where they’re discovering content. Their appearance will vary, depending on the ad sizes and formats that content publishers support. When a viewer clicks the thumbnail for your ad, the video will play on its YouTube watch or channel page.
- Outstream ads appear on websites and apps running on Google video partners. These ads are only available on mobile and tablet and are designed to help make it easier for users to tap to play your video. Outstream ads can help increase brand awareness by extending your reach beyond YouTube.
Some non-skippable in-stream ads and bumper ads may also appear on YouTube TV, depending on eligibility. Learn more about YouTube TV ads
When to use video campaigns
You want to use video ads on and off YouTube.
Recommended for all Google advertisers, from first-timers to more experienced pros.
Showing video ads may seem pretty sophisticated, but that's the beauty behind these campaigns: they're simple to set up and manage. You can use videos from your own YouTube account and, similarly to other Google Ads campaigns, you can see video ad performance and make changes to your targeting.
You've just opened a restaurant and want to get the message out to potential customers.
A video campaign lets you reach people visiting food-related websites, such as blogs about specific cuisines or websites that provide restaurant reviews. You can also reach people who are viewing YouTube videos about the kind of food that your restaurant serves.