Create a campaign
A campaign is a set of related ad groups that is often used to organize categories of products or services that you offer. Each campaign is centered on a goal that aligns with the main thing you want to get from your campaign, such as sales or website traffic. You'll need to make at least one campaign before you can create ads in your account.
This article explains how to create a campaign for your business.
Before you begin
Campaign goals come first
In the new Google Ads experience, campaigns are created around a goal, and provide features and settings based on the actions you’d like your customers to take. All campaign settings and features will be available to you despite what goals you choose, and you can always make changes to your goals.
Campaign types and networks
Your campaign type determines where customers see your ads and the settings and options available to you. In the new Google Ads experience, there are some changes to campaign types. For example, if you’d like to create a Search Network campaign targeting the Display Network (the equivalent of a “Search Network with Display Select” campaign in the previous AdWords experience), you can select “Search” as your campaign type, then add the Display Network in your network setting. Learn about campaign types.
Choose the Google Ads experience you're using. Learn more
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- From the page menu on the left, click Campaigns.
- Click the plus button , then select New campaign.
- Select one or more goals for your campaign, or if none of the goals fit what you’re looking for, select Create a campaign without a goal’s guidance.
- If this step doesn’t reflect what you’re seeing in your account, select a campaign type first then select a goal. Learn more about goals in the new Google Ads experience.
- Select a campaign type.
- Click Continue.
- Select your campaign settings. Learn about each setting.
- Click Save and continue.