While Shopping campaigns don't use keywords to target your ads, you can use negative keywords to help prevent your Shopping ads from appearing when you don't want them to. Learn more about negative keywords
This article will show you how to add, edit or remove negative keywords to your Shopping campaign.
Before you begin
To use negative keywords, you first need to create a Shopping campaign.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click Keywords in the page menu to reach the keywords page, and click the plus button .
- Choose to add negative keywords to your “Campaign” or “Ad group” from the drop-down menu, and select the specific campaign or ad group that you want.
Enter or paste one negative keyword per line in the text field.
- To add broad-matched negative keywords, you should add the synonyms, singular version, plural version and other variations such as cup, glass and glasses
- To add a negative phrase-matched keyword, surround the keyword with quotation marks — for example, “wine bottle”
- To add a negative exact-matched keyword, surround the keyword with brackets — for example, [bottle opener]
- Click Save.
Manage Shopping campaigns in AdWords Editor
AdWords Editor is a free, downloadable application for managing your AdWords campaigns offline. You can use AdWords Editor to change bids on your product groups and landing page URLs. Learn more