Keep in mind, drafts are only available for Search and Display Network campaigns. You won’t be able to create a draft for Video, App, or Shopping campaigns.
This article explains how to create a draft. For more background about drafts, read About campaign drafts for Search and Display.
Before you begin
You need an existing campaign to set up a draft. If you don’t have any campaigns, read Create a campaign that reaches new customers first.
- In your Google Ads account, click the Campaigns icon .
- Click the Campaigns drop down in the section menu, then click Campaigns.
- Click the Drafts tab on top.
- Click the plus button .
- Enter a name for your draft, and click Save. The newly created draft will show In the “Campaign Drafts” page under the corresponding campaign.
- To open the draft and begin making changes, click the draft name. Any changes you make to the draft will automatically save. You can leave your draft and finish making your changes at any time.
When drafting is complete, you can apply your changes to the original campaign.
Keep in mind
Campaign drafts differ from drafts that are created in Google Ads Editor. Although these are both ways to prepare changes to a campaign, drafts in Google Ads Editor are campaigns that you don’t yet want to export to your account. Learn more about Google Ads Editor draft campaigns