Set up a campaign draft
You can create drafts for Search and Display Network campaigns. When you create a draft, you’re mirroring your campaign’s setup. This lets you prepare multiple changes to a campaign without impacting its performance.
Keep in mind, drafts are only available for Search and Display Network campaigns. You won’t be able to create a draft for Video, App, or Shopping campaigns.
This article explains how to create a draft. For more background about drafts, read About campaign drafts and experiments.
Before you begin
You need an existing campaign to set up a draft. If you don’t have any campaigns, read Create a campaign that reaches new customers first.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- From the page menu on the left, click Drafts & experiments, then click Campaign Drafts at the top of the page.
- Click the plus button .
- If you’re coming from the the “All campaigns” page, use the Select a campaign drop-down to select the campaign you want to make a draft for. If you’re coming from a specific campaign page, you won’t see this step since the draft will automatically be created for the specific campaign you’re viewing.
- Enter a name for your draft, and click Save. The newly created draft will show In the “Campaign Drafts” page under the corresponding campaign.
- To open the draft and begin making changes, click the draft name. Any changes you make to the draft will automatically save. You can leave your draft and finish making your changes at any time.
Keep in mind
Campaign drafts differ from drafts that are created in Google Ads Editor. Although these are both ways to prepare changes to a campaign, campaign drafts can be used to create an experiment, whereas drafts in Google Ads Editor are campaigns that you don’t yet want to export to your account. Learn more about Google Ads Editor draft campaigns.