Adjusting bids to maximise profits: Google Best Practices
Maximising profit should be the performance goal of every Google Ads account. Here are four steps to effectively manage your bids and maximise profits from your account.
1. Four steps to profit driven bidding in Google Ads
- Define a formula that calculates total profits from Google Ads.
Why: You need a formula to measure and optimise for profit in Google Ads.
- Run a broad-scale manual bid test.
Why: Get an edge in the auction by finding profitable bid opportunities faster than others can.
Get started: Test a bid increase to see the impact on your profit.
- Evaluate results and measure your profit.
Why: Identify areas for improvement as you analyse results.
- Use automation to adjust your bids.
Why: Free up your time so that you can focus on other strategic priorities.
Get started: Use an automated bid strategy that leads to long-term profits.
2. Concerns and considerations
As you make a bid for higher profits, some questions and concerns may come up. In this section, we’ll look at some common concerns and show you how to address them.