Tools for advertisers with multiple or large accounts
If you’re an advertiser who manages multiple or large-scale accounts, you have a lot of customers to reach. As more customers turn to multiple devices to communicate, shop, and stay entertained, you have many more ways to reach them. And that means you have more data to sift through to gain key insights about your business.
To help you manage your business in simpler, more scalable ways, AdWords offers several free, powerful tools that can help you do the following:
- create and customize your ads
- make large-scale changes to your campaigns
- automate your bidding
- measure your success with powerful reporting and analytics
Read on to learn about each of these tools and see links for additional information.
Manage multiple AdWords accounts from a single location
If you manage multiple accounts, an AdWords manager account can save you time. Use it to view and manage all of your AdWords accounts — including other manager accounts — from one place. Learn more about manager accounts
Creative optimization tools
These tools can help you create, test, and update ads across accounts.
- Business data: Use this one-stop-shop for your business information within AdWords. You can access this information to update your creatives in real-time. About business data
- Ad customizers: Tell AdWords how to customize your ads with real-time updates. About ad customizers
- Upgraded URLs: An improved URL management process within AdWords that lets you differentiate between your landing page and tracking parameters. With these improvements, you can create custom URL parameters and reduce account management workload, ad review time, and web crawling on landing pages. About upgraded URLs
Scale and efficiency tools
These time-saving tools can help you swiftly make large-scale changes to your accounts.
- Edit campaign settings in bulk: Use bulk editing to update settings like location, language, ad rotation, and more. You can use filters to quickly identify all campaigns that target a specific location, for example. About bulk setting editing, editing keywords, or editing ad text in bulk.
- Edit ad extensions in bulk: Manage ad extensions more easily. You can change your extensions and edit device settings in bulk, create extensions across campaigns or ad groups with just a few clicks, and create and edit your extensions using spreadsheets. About bulk extension editing
- Make changes with bulk uploads: Download spreadsheets, make changes offline, and then upload the updated spreadsheet back into your account — right where you want to make your changes. With integrated previews and error-checking, you can also make sure your changes are ready when you are. About bulk uploads
- Use AdWords Editor: Use AdWords Editor to quickly download, update, or create campaigns with powerful bulk editing tools, then upload your changes to AdWords. AdWords Editor gives you the control to manage and view multiple accounts at the same time. You can also copy or move items between campaigns, search for items within your account, view your account statistics, and quickly undo or redo changes. Best of all, you can keep working even when you're offline. About AdWords Editor
Automated bidding tools
If you’re managing hundreds or thousands of keyword bids, consider automated bid strategies to help you with real-time bidding at scale. These strategies can help optimize your bids for your performance goals — across specific campaigns, ad groups, and keywords — while giving you manual bidding control over your most important keywords.Here are some bidding strategies you can use:
- Target cost-per-acquisition (CPA): Automatically set bids to help you get as many conversions as possible while reaching your average cost-per-acquisition goal.
- Target return on ad spend (ROAS): Automatically set your bids to maximize your conversion value, while trying to reach an average return on ad spend.
- Maximize clicks: Automatically set bids to help you get the most clicks within a target spend amount that you choose.
- Target search page location: Automatically adjust bids to help you get your ads to the top of the page or the first page of search results.
- Target outranking share: Automatically set bids to help you outrank another domain’s ads in search results.
Powerful reporting and analytics tools
See actionable insights and reporting that give you a more holistic view of performance and help you make better business decisions.
- Auction insights: Compare your performance with other advertisers who are participating in the same auctions and see where you’re missing opportunities. This information can help you make better decisions about bids, budgets, and keyword choices. About the auction insights report
- Importing conversions: Sometimes your adwords-sourced leads convert offline. Or you want to report your online conversions 30 days after the sale so you can exclude orders that were returned. You can with AdWords Conversion Import. About tracking offline conversions
- Labels: Apply labels to keywords, campaigns, ad groups, and ads to quickly filter and review the data that matters to you. About labels
- Geographic reporting: Use geographic information to better understand how your ads are performing in different locations. See where your customers are physically located, or locations they’re interested in. If you use location extensions, use the distance report to see how your ads performed in varying distances from your business. About measuring geographic performance
- Search Terms report: See what queries are actually triggering your ads, so you can make better decisions on what positive and negative keywords to use. About the Search terms report
- Custom columns: Tailor the columns in your statistics table to segment and display your data in the ways that are most important to you. About custom columns
- Campaign details report: See which features, settings, and attributes each of your campaigns is using so you can identify account issues or new opportunities.
- Report Editor: Use powerful reporting tools to conduct multi-dimensional analysis and create pivot tables, charts, and graphs, directly within your browser. About the Report Editor