The final step is to create responsive display ads, which pull products or services from your feed. Google Ads determines which items to include in your ads using feed keys, which are combinations of event parameters (although a feed key may include only one parameter). For example, if a user searches for flights from Paris to London, Google Ads will take the feed key “PAR+LON”, and match it with the Origin ID and Destination ID columns in the flights feed. Once the feed key is matched to your feed, Google Ads can show the user ads for flights from Paris to London.
- In the navigation panel on the left-hand side of the page, click Display campaigns, or the name of the Display campaign you’re creating a responsive display ad for.
- In the page menu on the left, click on Ads & extensions.
- Click the plus icon.
- From the drop-down menu, click Responsive display ad.
- Click on Select an ad group.
- In the “Select an ad group” window, click on your campaign.
- On the right, click on the name of your ad group.
- Click on Images in the grey box with a plus icon.
- In the next menu, click on a tab and follow the onscreen instructions to select an image or logo. Learn about asset best practices and creating ads for dynamic remarketing
- Add a short headline, long headline, description, business name and final URL.
- Optional: Click on Advanced URL options, Additional format options or More Options to further customise your ad.
- You can also preview your ad on the right side of the page.
- Optional: Add promotion text. Here you can include specific information around seasonal and other promotions, for example "40% off all Easter supplies". To include recommended promotional text, Click More options, tick the box beside “Dynamic ad options” and add your promotion text.
- Click Save