On YouTube, people can discover videos in various ways (for example, by searching on the YouTube search page, clicking suggested videos on the watch page, or choosing a video from the homepage feed). You can use YouTube to advertise more effectively to people who are searching for your product or brand.
Benefits of YouTube ads
- Connect with your audience: Ads that play on or run next to YouTube videos can help you connect with potential customers in a unique and memorable way. You can be personal, share your expertise with the world, or put the camera on yourself and explain how your product or service can benefit your audience.
- Reach the right audience: Reach your customers on YouTube by topics, keywords, or demographics, like "women under 35."
- Create a campaign in only a few minutes: Create your Google Ads account, set up a campaign, and reach your audience.
- Measure your success: Find out if you're reaching the right audience. Check your Google Ads account to track views, costs, and budget details. Visit the "Analytics" tab in your YouTube account to learn more about your viewers. For example, you can see which videos your customers are watching and for how long.
You can only target ads to countries where YouTube allows ads. Availability may differ between countries. See the list of supported countries.
YouTube and audience engagement
YouTube's unique combination of video access, sharing, and community creates an unmatched opportunity for audience engagement. Sight, sound, and motion can elicit emotional involvement with content that you don't get with other forms of media.
You can facilitate discovery of and engagement (shares, comments, and likes) with your ads by promoting them using YouTube advertising and hosting them on a YouTube curated profile page.
Video creators can learn an enormous amount about their viewers through a sophisticated set of measurement tools, including YouTube Analytics. Audience demographics, levels of engagement, and performance compared to similar videos are just some of the data available. Video creators can use this data to drive larger and deeper viewership among a target audience.
Creative and ad quality guidelines
All ads and creatives must comply with Google’s advertising policies. When making your creatives, make sure to follow our guidelines to give your ads the best chance of reaching customers and driving performance for your business.
Ad formats for YouTube
Depending on your goal, you can use different ad formats built for YouTube. These ad formats are:
- Skippable in-stream ads
- Non-skippable in-stream ads
- Bumper ads
- Video discovery ads
- Masthead ads
- Responsive display ads
Reaching potential customers
There are many ways to reach people at moments that matter using YouTube ads. With a wide variety of targeting methods available to you, such as demographic groups, interests, placements, and remarketing lists, you can reach specific or niche audiences based on who they are, what they're interested in, and what content they're viewing.