About Google Screensharing
With Google Screensharing, you can show our Online Specialists exactly what you need help with in your account. By sharing your screen, we can better assist you.
How Google Screensharing works
Using Google Screensharing is simple. While you're on the phone with an Online Specialist, he or she can invite you to share your screen using our Hangout technology. You'll be able to choose which screen you'd like to share, which means you'll avoid sharing any screens that you want to to keep private. Note that we'll only able to see your screen, and won't have access to your computer.
Having trouble finding the search terms report? Don't worry, we can take a look at your screen and point you in the right direction!
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to use Google Screensharing.
- While you're on the phone with the Online Specialist, sign in to your Google Ads account at https://ads.google.com if you haven't already done so. We will then send you a screenshare invitation.
- Click the Accept button to open the screensharing session.
We'll also send you an email link, in case the invitation doesn't appear on your screen. Click the link in your email to start the screenshare session. Keep in mind that you might need to install the Google Hangout plug-in to use screensharing. See instructions below
- After you accept the invitation, a window will appear letting you know that you're about to join a Hangout. Click the Join button to begin the screensharing session.
- After you click Join, a window will appear asking if you'd like to share your screen with Google. Click Share my screen to choose which screen you'd like to share.
- Next, you'll be asked to choose the screen that you'd like to show the associate. Your desktop will be selected by default. Click the Start Screenshare button once you choose the screen that you'd like to share.
- Keep in mind that you should only share the screen that contains information relevant to your Google Ads problem. You shouldn't share a screen that includes personal or sensitive information (for example, your credit card information).
- When you join the Hangout, your camera and microphone will be muted. This means that you'll need to continue your conversation with the associate on the phone.
- When your session is complete, click the Stop sharing my screen button to stop sharing your screen with the associate. Then, click the End call icon to exit the Hangout.
Keep in mind
- We can only see the information you choose to share. Remember not to share a screen that contains personal or sensitive information, like your credit card information.
- You don't need a Google+ account to join a Hangout with us.
- The quality of the Hangout will vary based on operating systems and Internet connections. Learn more about the system requirements for Hangouts.
Troubleshooting plug-in issues
You might need to install the Google Talk or Hangouts plug-in on your computer for video and sound to work.
If you see a message from mail.google.com or plus.google.com to use the Google Talk Plug-in, click Trust to continue.
If you see a page asking you to to install the Hangouts Plug-in, click Download Plugin on the page. If you also see an Internet Explorer alert to enable ActiveX, click Allow.
Once you've saved the plug-in file to your computer, open it and click Run to install the file. The plug-in should install within a few seconds. After the plug-in is installed, end your Hangout session and ask the Online Specialist to send you another screenshare invitation.