Create a website remarketing list
Use remarketing lists to show ads to people who have visited your website before. This article explains the steps you’ll need to follow to create a website remarketing list.
Before you begin
If you aren't familiar with remarketing, you should read How remarketing works first.
The new Google Ads experience is now the exclusive way for most users to manage their accounts. Note, automatic targeting is only available in the new Google Ads experience.
- Sign in to Google Ads.
- To open the Shared Library, click the tool menu .
- Click Audience manager.
- Click Audience Lists.
- To add a website visitors list, click the plus button and select “Website visitors”.
- On the page that opens, start by entering a descriptive remarketing list name.
- Choose a template from the "List members" drop-down menu.
- Select a set of rules from the “Visited pages” drop-down menu options. For each menu option, add the conditions for web pages on your site where you'd like to collect visitor cookies. Values can be words, a number, or a date, depending on the rule template and conditions you selected for the list you’re creating. Once you've completed a rule, click ADD.
- Enter an initial list size, which is the number of visitors during a set period of time. You can increase your initial list size by including people from the last 30 days.
- Enter a membership duration, which is how long you want a visitor to stay on your list. You can change the membership duration at any time.
- Enter an optional description of your audience.
- Click CREATE AUDIENCE.
Read the Google Best Practices guide to learn how to re-engage previous site visitors with personalized ads.
Reach Past Visitors with Display Remarketing: Google Best Practices