Measure ad extension performance
If you've added extensions to your ads – a phone number, for example, or a link to your website – you can see how these extensions are performing. Just visit your Google Ads account to see how many clicks and impressions your ad extension has received, its related costs and other statistics. This data can help you decide which types of ad extensions work best for your ad, and when it's time to add or remove an existing ad extension.
Find your ad extension statistics
Use the Extensions page to view statistics for all of the ad extensions for your account, campaigns and ad groups. You can also manage your extensions on this page.
Find the Extensions page and view your statistics:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click Ads & extensions on the page menu, then click Extensions along the top of the page.
- Click the Extension type drop-down menu beside the filter icon on the left, and choose the type of extension that you'd like to see statistics for.
- To see extension statistics for each association of each extension, along with the corresponding ad group, campaign or account, select Associations view from the drop-down menu on the right. To see aggregated data for each extension, select Extensions view. Each extension will appear in its own row, including extensions that have yet to accrue any statistics.
Ad extension statistics are available for ads that appear on Google Search, Google's search partners for mobile, and, in some cases, the Google Display Network.Here's what the columns on the Extensions page show:
- Status: Shows if your ad extensions are marked "Approved" or "Disapproved". Eligible ad extensions will only appear with your ads when they're relevant and the associated ad is also eligible to run. Learn how to fix a disapproved ad.
- Clicks: How many clicks your ad received when it was displayed with a particular extension type. This number combines clicks on the ad headline and on the ad extension, if applicable. To see clicks on just the ad extension, click the segment icon and select Click type.
- Impressions: The number of times that your ad appeared with the ad extension.
- Click-through rate (CTR): The number of clicks that your ad received divided by the number of times your ad was shown with the ad extension.
- Cost: The total cost of clicks on your ad when it appeared with the ad extension. Learn more about your actual click costs.
- Avg. position: The ad's average position on search results pages when shown with the ad extension.
- Avg. cost-per-click (CPC): The average amount that you pay for each click when the ad appears with the ad extension. Average CPC is determined by totaling the cost of all clicks and dividing it by the number of clicks received.
- Enable the Policy details column to see information about why your extensions are disapproved or limited based on our advertising policies.
- The statistics table at the "All Campaigns" view will show all of your existing extensions, even if they have accrued no impressions or clicks. (Your performance metrics may appear as "0" in the statistics table.) However, when you view the statistics table for a specific campaign, performance data will only appear within the table for those ad extensions that have received impressions or clicks.
The automated extensions report
Use the Automated extensions page to see more specific data for ads with automated extensions.
Monitor your automated extensions performance
Click Ads & extensions in the page menu, and Automated extensions along the top of the page.
Choose Extension performance from the More drop-down menu. You'll see a statistics table that contains data on the performance of your ads when the automated extension appears.