Create a new text ad
Once you've signed up for Google Ads and created a campaign, you can start creating ads. To effectively reach potential customers, your text ads should be informative, relevant and engaging. Here's an example of a text ad on the Search Network. Text ads on the Display Network typically have more visually engaging formats. Learn more About text ads on the Display Network.
Choose the Google Ads experience that you're using. Learn more
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- From the menu on the left, choose the campaign that you'd like to add your new text ad to.
- Click the Ads tab.
- Click + Ad then select “Text ad”.
- Click Choose... to select the ad group that you’d like to add your new text ad to.
- Enter a Final URL, headline text, description text and text in the optional “Path” fields. As you type, a mobile and desktop version of your ad will appear instantly in the "Ad preview".
- When you're satisfied with your new text ad, click Save ad.
Before your saved ad starts showing to customers, Google Ads reviews its content and formatting to make sure that it meets our advertising policies.