Sometimes extensions you want to use don't show with your ads. That doesn’t necessarily mean that something is wrong. (For example, when you use more than one extension for an ad, there are a number of reasons why one of those extensions might show for some searches and not for others.) To make sure your extensions are optimized to show, though, use this article to find relevant instructions.
Before you begin
Extensions can be approved or disapproved just like ads and keywords. Disapproved extensions do not show and need to be edited and submitted for re-review. To learn how to check for disapprovals, go to See extension performance.
Even if it’s approved, adding an extension won’t guarantee that it will show with your ad all the time. Extensions show with your ad when:
- The extension (or combination of extensions) is predicted to improve your performance.
- Your ad’s position and Ad Rank is high enough for extensions to show.
To learn more, start with When extensions show.
Links to instructions
Some extension types have specific requirements to show. Learn more about using each type:
- Call extensions. For instructions, go to Use call extensions.
- Callout extensions. For instructions, go to Use callout extensions.
- Location extensions. For instructions, go to Use location extensions.
- Structured snippet extensions. For instructions, go to Use structured snippet extensions.
- Sitelink extensions. For tips and best practices, go to Use sitelink extensions.