You can change the information you use to sign in to your Google Ads account in several ways. The method you choose affects how you sign in to your other Google products.
If you're having trouble signing in to your account, you can also try our sign-in troubleshooter.
Changing your password
Changing your password for Google Ads will also change the password you use to sign in to all Google products.
To change your password:
- Go to https://accounts.google.com/EditPasswd while signed in to your Google Ads email address.
- Enter your current password and the new password you want to use. We recommend that you use a strong password.
Ways to change your email address or username
Changing your email address for Google Ads will also change the email address you use to sign in to all Google products. Because of that, you might consider simply adding email addresses to your account or link other Google Accounts to your Google Ads account, giving you greater flexibility.
Here are your options for changing sign-in information:
- Change the email address on your account
This will change the email address you use to sign in to all Google products and is not available to Gmail users.
- Add alternative email addresses to your account
This will allow you to use multiple email addresses to sign in to all Google products.
- Allow another email address to access your Google Ads account
This allows two separate accounts to sign in, view, and edit your Google Ads account.
If you don't use Gmail, you can change the email address for your account. This change will affect all Google products you use, so other Google products might send emails to this email address and you'll have to sign in to all products using this email address.
To change the email address on your account:
- Sign in to My Account.
- In the “Personal info & privacy” section, select Your personal info.
- Select the Email section.
- Select the Google account email section.
- Enter your new email address.
- Click Save email address.
Once you've saved your changes, you should receive a verification message at the email address that you just entered. To complete the changes, you'll need to click the verification link in this message. You should also receive a message at your old email address confirming that you're no longer using this email to sign in.
If you don't get these emails and you’ve already checked your spam folder, request a new email.
You can add an email address that is not already the primary email address on another Google Account or a Gmail account. alternative email addresses function nearly the same as your primary email address – you can use alternative email addresses to sign in and receive notifications, among other things.
To add an alternative email address to your Google Account:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account at https://accounts.google.com.au.
- In the "Personal info & privacy" section, select Your personal info.
- Choose Email.
- Click to open the "Advanced" tab, select Alternative emails.
- Enter an alternative email address, click Add.
We'll send an email with a verification link to your alternative email address. You'll need to open the email and click the link before you can begin signing in to your account with the alternate email address.
Can't find our verification message? Learn more about why this might be happening
If you don't want to change the email address on your account, you can allow other Google Accounts to access your Google Ads account. The account with access will have different abilities to edit or view your account depending on the level of access you give the account.
Find out how to give users access to your Google Ads account.
- See tips on improving the security of your account (English only)
- See how you can add recovery options to your account
- Read about granting access to Google Ads accounts