Submit your billing information
Once you've decided how you'd like to pay for Google Ads, you're ready to submit your information. Here's how you do it:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account
- Click the tools icon and under "Billing," choose Settings.
- Select your country or the territory where your billing address is located from the drop-down menu. You'll see all billing options that are available for your location and currency.
- Make your selection, and follow the steps to enter your billing information.
Add a backup credit card
If you're on automatic payments (meaning you pay after your ads run), a backup credit card helps keep your ads running if your automatic payment is declined. We highly recommend setting up a backup credit card. If your primary payment method doesn't work for some reason, we'll charge your backup credit card to ensure your ads keep running.
Tip: If you have a promotional code (coupon)
If you've got a promotional code, check out how to use it. Most promotional codes have an expiration date, so you might need to apply it soon after creating your account. Keep in mind that you can't request a promotional code.
When your ads will start running
For certain payment methods, your ads will be ready to start appearing on Google immediately after you enter billing information. With other payment methods, it might take up to a week before ads can begin running, due to payment verification and processing times. You'll see information in your account about verification and processing times. Of course, other things can affect when your ads start running, such as the ad approval process. Learn how to find out if your ad is running.
- Find your first ads (Recommended for new advertisers)
- Understand automatic or manual payment settings or monthly invoicing
- About payment methods for Google Ads