Starting in June 2021, you’ll no longer be able to upload offline conversions from a client account that has opted in to using manager account-level conversion measurement. For any conversions that you're uploading using your client account, you’ll need to go to the manager account and upload conversions from there.
What you’ll see and what to do
If you try to upload an offline conversion from a client account with manager-level conversion measurement, you’ll see an error message for those conversions. You’ll need to go to the manager account and upload conversions from there. If you're unsure which account is your manager account, you can find this by following these steps:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- In the top right-hand corner, click the tools icon , and under 'Measurement', click Conversions.
- If you're using cross-account conversion tracking, you may see conversion with a lock icon next to the title and a manager account number listed below the title. These are being managed at the manager level and should list the manager account ID.
- If you don’t see any conversions like this, click Settings from the page menu on the left. Here, if you were using cross-account conversions, there would be a 'Conversion Account' listed above the setting for 'View-through conversions'. If that isn't present, that means this client account isn't using cross-account conversion tracking and you don't need to make any changes.
How to upload conversions for multiple accounts from a single file
Make sure that all of the relevant accounts are linked to your manager account. This manager account is where you'll upload your files. From there, Google Ads will automatically organise your conversions so that they're reported in the proper linked accounts. Even if you're not using cross-account conversion tracking for some accounts, you can still upload those conversions at the manager level.
Bear in mind
- If you use cross-account conversion tracking: You'll need to create your import conversion actions at the manager account level and follow the instructions in Set up cross-account conversion tracking. Make sure that all managed accounts are linked to the manager as the 'conversion account'.
- If you don't use cross-account conversion tracking: You'll need to create your import conversion actions in each individual account. You can still upload conversions to the manager level in this case.
- If you haven't used Google Ads conversion tracking before, and all of the accounts under your manager account belong to the same business: You may want to use cross-account conversion tracking. It can help to simplify tracking your conversions and Attribution reports.