Dynamic lineups, powered by advanced contextual targeting, are designed to find the ideal mix of content for your audience and brand sentiment. You can select lineups in Google Ads that align to moments, topics, relevance or popularity. Dynamic lineups can include seasonal events, travel, sports, media and entertainment, beauty and fashion, video games, and more. Dynamic lineups are built using country-specific content for increased local relevance.
Dynamic lineups are packaged to help you achieve broad relevance. Dynamic lineups are pre-built segments that help you reach your audience using the most relevant content. With dynamic lineups, you receive real-time updates, recommended budgets and monthly lineup impressions in Google Ads reporting.
Dynamic lineups can help you:
- Find new customers when they’re watching videos relevant to your brand, product or service
- Find new customers watching content that you want to align your brand, product or service with so it’s top of mind and reinforces that connection for customers
- Align your advertising creative with YouTube content that evokes a similar brand sentiment
If you're a home decor brand whose video ads on YouTube focus on redecorating, you can use dynamic lineups to show your ads in videos relevant to your business. These lineups may include videos of house tours, storage solutions or home improvement projects.
Dynamic lineups are currently available in:
- United Kingdom
- United States
Before you begin
To make sure that your campaign using dynamic lineups meets your goals, follow these guidelines:
Use tCPM or Maximise conversions as your bid strategy
Use one ad group per campaign
Choose to run your campaigns with lineups on standard or expanded inventory
Select 'YouTube videos' and remove 'YouTube search results' and 'Video partners on the Display Network' when choosing where to run your ads
Overlap advanced audience targeting
Overlap keyword targeting
Exclude digital content labels, audiences, topics or keywords
Use dynamic lineups with other targeting types in the same campaign (for example, using dynamic lineups in one ad group and affinity targeting in another ad group)
When applicable, consider running a campaign that uses dynamic lineups in addition to a campaign that uses audience targeting.
For example, you could have a campaign that's targeting people based on their interests (such as an affinity audience for 'winter sports fans') and another campaign that's targeting people based on what they're currently watching on YouTube (such as the 'Winter Olympics' dynamic lineup).
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- In the page menu, click Campaigns.
- Click the plus button and then select New campaign.
- Choose a campaign goal, then choose Video as your campaign type.
- Depending on your campaign goal, select Target CPM or Maximise conversions as your bid strategy.
- Under 'Networks', deselect YouTube search results and Video partners on the Display Network.
- Under 'Content exclusions', make sure that you follow these recommendations for dynamic lineups to appear:
- Inventory type: Choose Standard inventory or Expanded inventory.
- Excluded types and labels: Don’t exclude any digital content labels. (Sensitive ads, such as alcohol or tobacco, may have different guidance here.)
- Don’t select or exclude any audience or content targeting (such as demographics, keywords, topics or audiences).
- Under 'Placements', select Video line-ups, then choose the dynamic lineups that you want to add to your campaign.