Your bid strategy can show as invalid when the campaign was part of a portfolio bid strategy owned by a Google Ads manager account (MCC), and the manager account is unlinked from your campaign.
If your bid strategy type is showing as invalid, you’ll need to select a bidding strategy to start running ads. Otherwise, the campaign will stop serving until a valid bid strategy is assigned.
View the “bid strategy type” column
Your bid strategy type is how you've chosen to set bids for your ads.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click Campaigns in the navigation panel.
- Click the columns icon above the table, and select “Modify columns”.
- Under “Attributes” select "Bid strategy type".
- Click Apply. You’ll be able to see your “Bid strategy type” column now.
You can learn more about the bidding strategies found in the “bid strategy type” column by reading About automated bidding.
Reasons why your bid strategy type is invalid
Your bid strategy can show as invalid for two reasons:
- When the campaign was part of a portfolio bid strategy owned by a Google Ads manager account (MCC) and the manager account is unlinked.
- If you copy and paste a campaign belonging to a manager owned portfolio bid strategy into an account that is not linked to the same manager.
Fix an invalid bid strategy type
If your bid strategy is invalid because it is unlinked from the manager account, you’ll need to select a new bid strategy before your bid strategy is eligible to serve.
- Sign into your Google Ads account.
- From the page menu on the left, click Campaigns.
- Click the filter button above the statistics table.
- Select Attributes, then Bid strategy type.
- Click Invalid.
- Click Apply.
- Select the campaign that you’d like to make changes to. Click Edit, then select 'Change bid strategy'.
- From the drop-down menu, choose a new bid strategy.
- Click Apply.