Google Maps Tips and tricks
Popular tip: use Google Maps offline
Get driving directions to use later, when you’re not on the Internet:
- Open the Google Maps app .
- Make sure you're connected to the Internet and signed in to Google Maps.
- Search for a place, like
- At the bottom, touch the bar that has the name of the place you searched.
- Select Download.
- The next time you’re offline, you’ll be able to search for places you’ve saved, see them on the map, and get driving directions.
Learn more about offline areas.
Search and explore
- Measure distance between points
- Explore local businesses
- Zoom in and out in more ways than one
- See search results in a list
- Find business details
Customize your map
- Save your home and work addresses
- Leave reviews and ratings
- Save a place and find it later
- Give a place a private label
Get on your way
Was this article helpful?