View maps offline
View an area of the map even when you aren't connected to the Internet. For example, before you go on a camping trip, download a map of the area so you can use the map offline during the trip.
- Make sure your phone or tablet is connected to the Internet, then open the Google Maps app.
- Zoom in to an area on the map.
- Search for "ok maps." To search by voice, touch the microphone in the search box then say "ok maps."
- After a few moments, you'll see a message confirming that the on-screen map area has been cached or downloaded.
- Next time you aren't connected to the Internet, you can go to this area of the map to view it offline.
The on-screen map area is too large: If you see this error, zoom in to a smaller area on the map and repeat the steps.