Tips & tricks
Popular tip: View maps offline
Save an area of the map so you can view it when you aren't connected to the Internet:
- Open the Google Maps app .
- Search for a place, like "San Francisco."
- At the bottom, touch the bar that has the name of the place you searched.
- At the top right, touch the menu .
- Select Save offline map to save the selected area of the map.
Note: To save an offline map, you need to sign in to Google Maps.
Search and explore
- Explore local businesses
- Zoom in and out in more ways than one
- Drop a pin to see Street View and share the location
- See search results in a list
- Find business details