See satellite, traffic, and other views
To see different types of information on the map, you can add views. See traffic information, public transit routes, bicycling routes, satellite imagery, 3D terrain, and imagery from Google Earth.
Here's how to add views:
- Open the Google Maps app . Or go to maps.google.com on your phone or tablet.
- Touch the menu in the search box at the top.
- Touch the type of information you want to see, like Traffic.
- The information will appear on the map.
If you turn on a view, it will remain on the map until you turn it off. To turn off a view, touch the highlighted view in the menu.
Not all views are available in all regions and devices.
For an older Android device or older version of Google Maps
- Open the Google Maps app.
- Touch the layers menu in the search box.
- Touch the layer you’d like to view, or touch a checked layer to hide it.
- Touch Clear map to clear the map of all layers.
If you turn a layer on, the layer will remain on the map until you turn it off or clear the map.