Find a contact in Maps
If someone's address is in your contacts, you can find them on the map by searching for their name. And when you pull up an address, you can see any contacts who use that address.
- Open the Google Maps app .
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- In the search box at the top of the map, type a contact's name or address. Matching contacts will appear in the suggestions.
- Touch a name or address to see it on the map.
- To see your contact's details, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
If your contacts aren't showing up in your search results or when you swipe up on an address, try these tips:You don’t see contacts when searching
1 Make sure Web and App Activity is on
Web and App Activity must be turned on for Google Maps to show your contacts in search results.
2 Make sure the person’s name and address is in your contacts
3 Make sure Google Maps can get your contacts on your iPhone or iPad
If your contacts aren't showing up on the map, make sure Google Maps has access to your iPhone or iPad contacts:
- Touch the Home button on your iPhone/iPad.
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Contacts.
- Turn "Google Maps" on.
Tip: You can sync your Google contacts with your Apple device.
In the Google Maps app, you can open contacts from your Contacts app. To do this, you need to give Google Maps access to the Contacts app. Here’s how:
- Go to your home screen.
- Touch the apps button .
- Touch the Settings app .
- Touch Apps > Google Maps > Permissions.
- Touch the Contacts switch. When it’s on, the switch will be flipped to the right and blue.