Find a contact in Maps
If someone's address is in your contacts, you can find them on the map just by searching for their name.
Search for a contact
You can search for a contact from the search bar in Google Maps. Here's how to do it:
- Open the Google Maps app .
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- In the search box at the top of the map, type a contact's name or address. Matching contacts will appear in the suggestions.
- Touch a name or address to see it on the map.
- To see your contact's details, swipe up the info sheet from the bottom of the screen.
"No results found..."
iPhone or iPad
If your contacts aren't showing up on the map, make sure Google Maps has access to your iPhone or iPad contacts:
- Touch the Home button on your iPhone/iPad.
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Contacts.
- Turn "Google Maps" on.
Tip: You can sync your Google contacts with your Apple device.
Note: Only you can see your contacts on Google Maps. And you'll only see them when you are signed in to your Google Account.