Clear application data
Google Maps stores data, such as shared and saved locations and map tiles, locally on your device.
Clearing this data will do the following things:
- Delete cache (including search suggestions, direction searches, map tiles, and Activity page content stored locally on your device)
- Delete cookies
This action can’t be undone, so be sure you want to delete all of the items above before clearing application data. This action will only delete data locally stored on the device, not data stored on Google servers.
To clear application data from Google Maps, follow these steps:
iPhone or iPad:
- Open the side menu.
- Go to Settings.
- Select About, terms & privacy.
- Touch Terms and privacy.
- Touch Clear application data.
- Touch OK on the "Clear application data" dialogue box that appears.
Android phone or tablet:
- Go to your device’s Settings page.
- Go to Apps.
- Touch the Maps icon.
- Touch Clear data on the "App info" page.
- Touch OK in the dialogue box that appears.
If you have an older Android device, follow these steps:
- Open your device's Settings application
- Select Applications > Manage applications.
- Touch the All tab.
- Touch Maps in the scrolling list.
- Touch Clear data.