Note: This article is for Google Maps for mobile versions 6.14.5 and below.
My Places gives you easy access to your important locations and personal Maps history. Whether you’ve starred or searched on your phone or computer, in My Places you’ll find your:
- Offline Maps
- Starred places (including Home and Work locations)
- Recently viewed Maps items
- Search queries
- Rated Places
- Maps searches
To access My Places:
- Tap the Maps menu (upper left).
- Select My Places.
- Swipe right and left or tap on the tabs to see the other options.
Note: you can also access some of your My Places data while getting directions; click the down arrow to the right of the start or end points.
Interacting with My Places:
For most My Places items clicking on the entry shows you that information on the map. You can also long-press on the entry for additional options like editing or deleting. For example, try long-pressing on a recent search item to remove it from your activity history.
You can also delete your locally stored cache without deleting your My Places. This functionality is available both online and offline. To clear cached My Places data:
- Go to Settings > Offline and cache > Clear My Places cache.
- Select OK in the confirmation window.
- Your My Places will reappear the next time you open My Places with a network connection.
To save or edit your Home and Work locations:
- Go to the Starred tab in My Places and long press on Home or Work.
- You can save locations by tapping on Home or Work.*
- To edit your locations later, long press on Home or Work to bring up options to edit, delete or view a map of your location.