Star a place and see your starred places
Star a place
You can star any location or labeled feature on a map to make it easy to spot when you’re signed into Google Maps on your phone or on the web.
- Touch and hold a location or labeled feature on a map.
- Touch the balloon that opens.
- Touch the gray star at the top of the screen to star the location (or touch a gold star to unstar that location).
See your starred places
You can find places that you have starred on your phone in two ways:
Option 1: Through settings
- Tap the menu icon.
- Select My Places.
- You'll see a list of all the places you've starred. You can also swipe to see your offline maps, recent searches, my maps, check-ins, and rated places.
Option 2: Through search
- Tap the search box in Maps.
- Start typing the name of your starred place.
- The first search suggestion will be the place you have starred, as indicated the starred icon.