Change your location services settings
Note: This article is for Google Maps for your phone or tablet’s browser.
The first time you go to Google Maps on your mobile browser, you'll be asked if you want to give Maps access to your location.
If you changed your mind, update your location settings in your browser and in your mobile device's settings.
Step 1: Reset your location settings
Find your browser and follow the instructions:
Safari on iPhone & iPad
- Go to your home screen.
- Touch Settings > General > Reset.
- Touch Reset Location & Privacy.
- Touch the menu at the upper right corner of the screen.
- Touch Settings > Content Settings > Website Settings.
- Find https://maps.google.com. It’ll have a target beside it.
- Turn on or off Location access.
- To grant access to your location, turn on Location access.
- To deny access to your location, turn off Location access.
Step 2: Turn on location services
On iPhone & iPad (iOS 8)
- Touch Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
- Make sure “Location Services” is turned on.
On Android (4.4 Kitkat)
- Open the Settings app.
- Touch Location.
- Make sure “Location” is turned on.
Step 3: Allow or deny Google Maps access to your location
- Open your browser app.
- Go to maps.google.com.
- Touch Allow or Deny on the message that shows up.