Prevent others from using your Glass by enabling screen lock from the Settings bundle. Screen lock protects your device by requiring a pattern of taps and swipes when Glass is turned on.
Glass will lock whenever you turn Glass off or when you put Glass down (if On-Head Detection is enabled). The next time Glass is activated, use the touchpad and personalized gestures to unlock the device.
To turn on screen lock:
- Tap the Settings bundle, found on the far left of your timeline.
- Swipe forward and tap the Screen lock card.
- Tap or swipe 4 gestures to enter your pattern.
- Swipe forward
- Two-finger swipe forward
- Swipe back
- Two-finger swipe back
- Hook swipe - Swipe forward then back in the same motion. Back and then forward works too.
- Two-finger swipe.
- Two-finger tap
You can use any combination of swipe, hook swipe, or tap with one or two fingers. When creating a new pattern, you'll be asked to enter your pattern once more to confirm.
Change pattern or turn off screen lock
To turn screen lock off or change your pattern:
- Visit the Settings bundle to the far left of your timeline on Glass.
- Tap the Screen lock bundle.
- Tap Change pattern or swipe forward to Turn off.
You'll be asked to confirm your pattern before your new settings are saved.
Recovering a screen lock pattern
If you get locked out after entering the incorrect code multiple times, you'll need to re-flash your device.