Glass keeps you connected by adding notifications to your timeline. For example, messaging and Glassware you’ve enabled on the MyGlass site or app will update your timeline with any recent activity.
Notifications work like this:
- You will hear an audible chime when a notification arrives.
- View the notification with Notification Glance, by tapping the touchpad or using Head Wake.
- Depending on the notification card, you can tap the touchpad to view the card actions.
You have five seconds after the notification chime to instantly view the notification. If you miss your chance or get more notifications, don’t worry! You can always swipe back to your timeline to find all your recent notifications in the order in which they arrive.
Notification sync lets you see your Android phone's notifications on Glass.
Turn on Notification sync
If you’re a new MyGlass user or have recently updated the app, you’ll see a Notification sync card on the Device page. Tap Turn on.
On the next page, select Turn on notification access.
If you initially dismissed Notification sync or don't see the card on the Device page, you can turn it on at anytime.
- Open the MyGlass app, and tap the side navigation drawer.
- Tap Settings > Notification sync.
- Select Turn on notification sync.
You’ll need to give MyGlass access to your phone’s notifications in order to see them on Glass. You’ll be taken to the Notification access page. Check the MyGlass box, then tap OK. Press the phone's back button to return to MyGlass.
When you return to the MyGlass app, you'll see a dialogue box saying notifications from apps with active Glassware are automatically muted to make sure you don’t get duplicates. Tap Got it.
To stop apps from sending notifications to Glass, tap Add app to the list, and select the desired app.
When receiving a notification, you’ll hear a chime. Use Notification glance or tap the touchpad to see the notification card, which you can select to perform app specific actions.
You can also open the app on your phone. When viewing the notification card, unlock your phone to automatically load the app that sent the notification.
Already on your phone while receiving a notification on Glass? Simply tap the notification card and swipe to select Open on phone.
Turning on Notification sync for Glass will disable notifications for Wear OS by Google (formerly Android Wear). To turn on notifications for your watch, follow these steps:
- Open the MyGlass app, and select the side navigation drawer.
- Tap Settings, and select Notification sync.
- Tap the menu button in the top right corner, and select Disable notification sync.
- Close the MyGlass app, and open the Clockwork app.
- Select Pair with a new wearable.
- Select your watch.