Setting up Contacts
Your 20 most recent and starred contacts will be conveniently sorted for quick and easy voice access. The rest of your Google Contacts are just a swipe away.
All of your phone’s contacts will automatically show up on your Glass device after setup. We made it easy for you—no need to manually transfer contacts through MyGlass.
If you're new to MyGlass or have recently updated the app, it will automatically take you through a quick rundown of how Contacts works.
Starred and frequently used contacts will automatically sort higher in your list of contacts on Glass.
If your phone is set up with multiple Google Accounts, make sure to star the contacts from the same Google Account that’s set up on your Glass device.
- On your phone, open the People app and select the menu bar at the bottom right.
- Select Contacts to display and tap the account that is set up on Glass.
- Select the contact you want to star. On the contact card, tap the star near the top right. The star will turn solid to indicate that the contact has been favorited.
Go to the Contacts page
Open the MyGlass app, and tap the navigation bar in the top left corner. Select Contacts.
Import your phone’s address book
If you’re a new MyGlass user or have recently updated the app, you’ll be taken through a quick rundown on how to sync Glass with the contacts on your iPhone. Press Continue.
On the next screen, tap Import contacts to import your address book contacts to Google contacts.
Connect your address book with your Google Contacts
Perform the steps on this screen to make sure that Glass continues to receive future changes in your phone’s address book. Important: If you don’t follow the steps, Glass won’t stay up to date with your phone’s contacts.
- Exit the MyGlass app by pressing the home button on your iPhone.
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Scroll down and select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Select the Google Account that you have set up with your Glass. If it’s not listed, check out how you can add an account.
- Toggle Contacts on.
When you have it down, select Confirmed, got it and Skip on the next page.
Missed a step? No worries. Simply select Back to review the steps in MyGlass. You can also select Skip initially if you want to set this up later.
Star your contacts
On the next page, tap Star contacts. A list of your imported contacts will appear. Tap on a contact to see more details, and tap the star to make them one of your favorites.
Now you’ll have easy access to your starred contacts.
Contacts must be starred in the MyGlass apps’ Contacts page. Glass won’t be able to recognize the favorited contacts set up through your iPhone’s address book.
To remove the contacts you have imported from your phone to Glass, follow these steps:
- Visit http://google.com/contacts.
- Search for “MyGlassImporter” using the search box at the top of the page. This will show all the contacts you’ve imported.
- Select the contacts you would like to remove.
- In the More dropdown menu up top, select Delete contacts.
View Contacts on Glass
When making a call or sending a message with voice actions, you’ll see a list of your contacts. A list of up to 20 of your most recent and starred contacts will be available.
To see your entire address book, swipe forward on the trackpad. Swiping swiftly will fling your contacts across the display so you can quickly scan them.
After selecting a contact, their contact card will appear. If they have multiple phone numbers or email addresses, swipe forward to see each one.
When you’ve found the contact method you want, simply speak your message. When making a call, you can swipe from the contact card to select different phone numbers.
If you change contact methods after transcribing your message, you’ll lose the message.