Pairing Glass to your Bluetooth phone
For a great on-the-go Glass experience, it's essential to pair Glass to your phone or tablet. You'll need the MyGlass app from the Google Play Store to make full use of Glass's Bluetooth capabilities
On your Glass
- Using Glass, from the home screen, swipe back repeatedly until you see the Settings card.
- Tap the Settings card and then swipe forward until you see Bluetooth settings. Make sure it says "Now discoverable" before moving on to the steps below.
On your Android device
- Touch the menu at the top of the screen and select Glass Devices.
- Select your Glass from the list.
- Make sure that the confirmation code on Glass and your Android device match. Confirm the Bluetooth pairing on both Glass and your Android device.
Your Glass and phone or tablet are now connected via Bluetooth. You'll be able to handle phone calls, receive email notifications and SMS messages sent to your phone and get directions via Glass. If your mobile data plan supports tethering, Glass will use its Bluetooth data tethering connection when out of Wi-Fi range.
On your iOS deviceTo turn on Bluetooth on your iOS device and pair your Glass, follow the steps in Apple Support.
All of the functionality of Glass is available via your iPhone's Bluetooth connection, with the exception of SMS. Turn-by-turn directions is available by downloading MyGlass from the App Store.
If a Bluetooth connection fails, you may want to start a new connection from scratch. Try following the steps in this Apple Troubleshooting article.
On other Bluetooth devices
While Glass should work with most Bluetooth-capable phones, for best results, we recommend using Glass with an Android or iPhone phone.
If Glass has a Bluetooth connection to your phone, but Bluetooth tethering is disabled or unsupported, you'll be able to make and receive calls, but Internet usage will be disabled outside of Wi-Fi range.