For a great on-the-go Glass experience, it's essential to pair Glass to your phone or tablet. You'll need the MyGlass app from the Google Play Store to make full use of Glass's Bluetooth capabilities
On your Glass
- Using Glass, from the Home screen, swipe back repeatedly until you see the Settings card.
- Tap the Settings card and then swipe forward until you see Bluetooth settings. Swipe to find your phone type, either Android or iPhone, and select it to watch the tutorial.
On your Android device
- In the MyGlass app, touch the menu button at the top of the screen and select Device.
- Select Pair with Glass
- Select your Glass from the list.
- Make sure the confirmation code on Glass and your Android device match. Confirm the Bluetooth pairing on your Android device.
Your Glass and phone are now connected via Bluetooth. You'll be able to handle phone calls, receive email notifications and SMS messages sent to your phone, and get directions via Glass. If your mobile data plan supports tethering, Glass will use its Bluetooth data tethering connection when out of Wi-Fi range.
On your iOS deviceTo turn on Bluetooth on your iOS device and pair your Glass, follow the steps in Apple Support.
All of the functionality of Glass is available via your iPhone's Bluetooth connection, with the exception of sending SMS messages. Turn-by-turn directions is available by downloading MyGlass from the App Store.
If a Bluetooth connection fails, you may want to start a new connection from scratch. Try following the steps in this Apple Troubleshooting article.
On other Bluetooth devices
- On Glass, in the Bluetooth card, select either Android or iPhone. Both options will allow Glass to pair with your device.
- On your phone, go to the Bluetooth settings page and select Glass.
If Glass has a Bluetooth connection to your phone, but Bluetooth tethering is disabled or unsupported, you'll be able to make and receive calls, but Internet usage will be disabled outside of Wi-Fi range.