Learn how Gboard gets better
You can help improve the words Gboard suggests when typing or speaking with the keyboard. What you type or speak stays on your device, and a technology called federated learning helps Gboard learn new words and phrases without sending your data to Google.
What Gboard learns might be sent to Google services, without including what you typed or your voice and audio recordings, where it will be combined with learnings from other users to create better learning models for you and everyone. For example, if thousands of people start entering a new pop culture reference or start speaking a new name, Gboard can learn to suggest it.
Improve Gboard suggestions
- On your Android device, tap Settings .
- Tap System Language & input.
- Tap Virtual keyboard Gboard.
- Tap Advanced.
- Choose which preferences you want.
- Personalization: Let Gboard improve results just for you.
- Improve Gboard: Make Gboard better for everyone.
- Delete learned words and data: Clear everything on your device that Gboard has learned from you.
Note: Gboard only learns when your phone isn't being used, is charging, and is connected to Wi-Fi.