Translate as you type
You can translate text into a different language while typing on Gboard.
Note: Some of these steps work only on Android 7.0 and up. Learn how to check your Android version.
- On your Android phone or tablet, install Gboard.
- Open any app that you can type with, such as Gmail or Keep.
- Tap an area where you can enter text.
- At the top of the keyboard, tap Open features menu .
- Tap Translate .
- Pick the language to translate from.
- Pick the language to translate into.
- Enter your text. You'll get a preview as you type. You can tap the preview to see variations of the translation.
- To use the translation, tap Select .
Tip: To close the window, tap Close features menu .
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?