You can translate text into a different language while typing on Gboard.
Tip: To close the window, tap Close features menu .
- On your Android phone or tablet, install Gboard.
- Open any app that you can type with, like Gmail or Keep.
- Tap an area where you can enter text.
- At the top of the keyboard, tap Open features menu .
- Tap Translate .
- Pick the language to translate from.
- Pick the language to translate into.
- Enter your text. You'll get a preview as you type. You can tap the preview to see variations of the translation.
- To use the translation, tap Select .