Use your keyboard
You can enter text and use images, such as emojis and GIFs.
Note: Some of these steps work only on Android 7.0 and up. Learn how to check your Android version.
Write with Gboard
- On your Android phone or tablet, install Gboard.
- Open any app that you can type with, such as Gmail or Keep.
- Tap where you can enter text. From here, you can:
- Move your cursor: Swipe left or right on the space bar.
- Turn on caps lock: Double-tap Shift . To turn it off again, tap Shift .
- See accents and more options: Touch and hold a key.
Use emojis & GIFs
Tip: To go back to entering letters, tap ABC.
- On your Android device, open any app where you can write, such as Gmail or Keep.
- Tap where you can enter text.
- Tap Emoji . From here, you can:
- Insert emojis: Tap one or more emojis.
- Insert a GIF: Tap GIF. Then choose the GIF you want.
- Tap Send .
Tip: You can also draw an emoji to find the one you want. Tap Emoji . In the emoji search bar, tap Draw emoji .