Use your keyboard
You can enter text and use images, like emojis and GIFs.
Note: Gboard is available for iPhones and iPads with iOS 9 and up.
Write with Gboard
- On your iPhone or iPad, install Gboard.
- Open any app that you can write with, like Gmail or Keep.
- Tap where you can enter text. From here, you can:
- Move your cursor: Swipe left or right on the space bar.
- Turn on caps lock: Double-tap Shift . To turn it off again, tap Shift .
- See accents and more options: Touch and hold a key.
Use emojis & GIFs
Tip: To go back to entering letters, tap ABC.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open any app you can write with, like Gmail or Keep.
- Tap where you can enter text.
- Tap the Emoji icon . From here, you can:
- Insert emojis: Tap one or more emojis.
- Insert a GIF: Tap GIF. Then choose the GIF you want.
- Tap Send .
Tip: You can also draw an emoji to find the one you want. Tap Emoji . In the emoji search bar, tap Draw emoji .