You can slide your finger from letter to letter to spell out words.
Important: Some of these steps work only on Android 8.0 and up. Learn how to check your Android version.
Note: Not all languages support this feature.
- On your Android phone or tablet, install Gboard.
- Open any app that you can type with, like Gmail or Keep.
- Tap where you can enter text.
- Slide your finger across the letters to spell the word you want. Then lift your finger.
Delete unwanted text
- On your Android device, open the document or message with the word you want to replace.
- Tap where you want to put your cursor. From there, to:
- Replace a word: Pick a suggestion.
- Remove a word: Double tap a word. Then tap Delete.
Change your keyboard settings
- On your Android device, open the Settings app .
- Tap System Languages & input.
- Tap Virtual keyboard Gboard.
- Pick an option, like Glide typing or Voice input.