On your mobile device, you can talk to write in most places where you can type with a keyboard.
Important: Some of these steps work only on Android 7.0 and up. Learn how to check your Android version.
Note: Talk-to-text doesn't work with all languages.
Talk to write
- On your Android phone or tablet, install Gboard.
- Open any app that you can type with, like Gmail or Keep.
- Tap an area where you can enter text.
- At the top of your keyboard, touch and hold Microphone .
- When you see "Speak now," say what you want written.
Some phrases you can use are:
- Exclamation point
- Question mark
- New line
- New paragraph
Replace a word
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the document or message with the word you want to change.
- Touch and hold the word.
- At the top of your keyboard, tap Microphone .
- When you see "Speak now," say the new word.