You can comment on the data in any table you can view. Comments can be made on rows, columns, and individual cells.
To create a comment in classic:
- Choose Visualize > Table if you're looking at anything else.
- Click the chat-like icon for the type of comment:
- Row: visible at the right end of the row
- Column: appears when you hover over a column name
- Cell: appears when you hover over a cell.
- Enter your comment.
- Click Save.
Cells with comments display a small triangle at the upper left corner. Changes in the value in a cell become part of the discussion trail.
All comments on a table are available in View > Discussions.
Comments are specific to each table. When tables are merged, the merged table is a new document with its own comments, even though the underlying data is shared with the base tables.
Subscribe to new comments
You can get an email when new comments are made on any table. To subscribe to notifications in classic:
- Make sure you're signed in.
- Choose View > Discussions.
- Check the box "Alert me of new comments."
Comments may go away
Comments are not available in the new version of Fusion Tables. Please describe your need for comments in the New look using the appropriate feature request: