Fusion Tables Announce group
Find out what's new! Join the Fusion Tables Announce group.
- Improved summary visualization tabs, including optional bar charts.
- "NOT" queries and regular expression matching.
- API v2
- Media download of large tables.
- Custom table and column properties.
- Additional column properties.
- Status of background tasks.
- Ability to replace all rows of an existing table.
- Apps For Work
- Accounts can create maps without having to request permission.
- New quotas and limits
- All users have 1 GB of storage quota for their tables.
- There continues to be a 250 MB limit per table.
- Newly created tables can show up to 350,000 features on a map.
- There continues to be a limit of 1 M characters per cell and 10 M vertices per table.
- You can activate the new limit for existing tables by opening the row editor and then clicking the "Save" button.
- Heatmaps in the new look.
- Improved embedded map appearance on mobile devices, including legend toggling.
- Automatic legends
- KML downloads now include map styles.
- Dynamic templates for info window and card layouts, allowing conditional displays.
- Column data ranges shown for bucket and gradient styles.
- The Publish dialog includes the code to produce the visualization.
- Embed YouTube and Vimeo videos and Google maps in an iframe.
- Data management
- Data entry
- Validate data entry, including using dropdown menus.
- Double-click to edit a row or card.
- "Save and edit next row" button for faster editing of multiple rows.
- Preview locations and correct geocodes in the new look.
- Table metadata
- Attribution icons appear next to the title in the Fusion Tables web app.
- Column descriptions can be entered that appear during data entry.
- Description and last-updated time appear below the title.
- European date formats are now supported.
- Improved specification of license, attribution, originating file, and owner.
- A limited version of Fusion Tables is now available to Google Apps for your Domain customers.
- Add a column, add a formula column, and delete a column now available in the new look.
- "Find a table to merge with..." in the File menu makes table discovery easier.
- Merges are now case-insensitive, recognizing "California" and "CALIFORNIA" as matching rows.
- A friendly, easy to use chart creator now offers Bar, Column, Pie, Area, Line, Scatter, Zoomable line chart, and the Network Graph in Fusion Tables' ;New look.
- Friendlier row layout in Fusion Tables' New look now supports drag-n-drop columns, drag column width, hide columns.
- Row and card layouts newly embeddable from Fusion Tables' New look.
- The Fusion Tables API v1.0 is public!
- A New version of the Fusion Tables web application is released.
- Tables found in webpages online are included in Fusion Tables' search and can be imported to Fusion Tables with a few clicks.
- A new Labs menu offers access to visualizations under development, including the Network Graph, Zoomable line chart and Map charts.
- You can include attribution data in embeddable links for non-map visualizations.
- Fusion Tables now appear in the Google Documents list, and are available via the Documents List API ACL and Folder feeds.
- Dynamic styling of Fusion Tables Layers announced.
- Trusted testers invited to try out the Table API, providing programmatic access to Tables, Columns, Styles, and Templates.
- More map icons announced
- Spatial queries are now supported in the Fusion Tables API! Find locations by proximity to a point, or within a circle or bounding box.
- Graduation from Google Labs.
- Styling map icons and polygons, delete all rows, views based on filters, and new empty table option announced.
- Calculated data columns, Custom HTML pop-up balloons, search on Public tables, auth-free API and more announced.
- Fusion Tables' data and querying capability is now accessible via the Google Maps API.
- Enhanced management of geographical data with Fusion Tables. See how MTBGuru.com mapped all their bike trails with Fusion Tables.