If you use Funding Choices as your CMP (Consent Management Platform) for EU consent, your European users may see the EU consent message as the IDFA explainer message. Learn more about which explainer message your users see.
Follow these steps to create an IDFA explainer message that is shown immediately before your iOS ATT alert:
- In AdMob or Ad Manager, click the Privacy & messaging tab in the left menu.
- Click Go to Funding Choices at the top of the page.
- If necessary, follow the prompts to create an account, including accepting Funding Choices terms and conditions.
- On the Funding Choices "Apps" page, select the iOS app on which you want to display the message.
- Click Create. The "Select your message type" page opens.
- Select IDFA message. The "IDFA message" page opens.
- In the "Message name" field, give the message a name that allows you to quickly find it in the interface. The name is only shown in the Funding Choices interface; your users won't see it.
- Set up languages:
- Select a Default language. The message is shown in this language when the user’s device language cannot be determined, or when the user’s device language doesn't adequately match the selected “Additional languages.”
- Select Additional languages. The message can be shown to users in any of the “Additional languages” that match the user’s device language. Languages you select here should match the languages in which your app is available. For example, if you select “Dutch” in the “Additional languages” section, a user whose device language is Dutch also sees the Funding Choices message in Dutch. You can edit the message text in each of the “Additional languages."
Above: default and additional language settings
- Click Continue. The explainer message preview page opens.
- (Optional) Edit and format the explainer message to match your app's editorial and visual standards.
- Click Continue. A placeholder for the iOS ATT alert message is displayed.
To edit and trigger the alert, you must update your
Info.plistin the iOS Mobile Ads SDK.
- Click Save.
- When you’re ready, publish the message. Once published, the IDFA explainer message (or your EU consent message) is automatically shown to your users immediately before the iOS ATT alert. Learn about which explainer message your users will see.
If you don't want the iOS ATT alert to be triggered, unpublish the message.