When you add the Funding Choices tag to a site page, it detects how many of your pageviews are from visitors that are blocking ads with a browser extension. You don’t need to publish a message to gather this data.
- If you have used Funding Choices to collect EU consent, the detection script doesn’t record ad blocker pageviews of users that have opted into non-personalized ads.
- You must ensure your site complies with EU consent and cookie policies.
Setting up ad blocker detection
- Ensure you’ve added your site to Funding Choices.
- Add the Funding Choices tag to the pages where you want to measure ad block detection.
Viewing ad blocker pageviews
- Visit reports.
- View the Extension rate metric. You can also download reports as a CSV and view Extension ad blocker pageviews metric.